Monday, June 24, 2013

Revisiting


I wanna go back to a place in time
When we more than best friends and shared everything in our lives
To when we kept each other company from early morn to the wee hours of night
When in dark stormy seas, we were each other's beacon of light
Often even now, I'm up till wee hours and I blame you for it
Sometimes its a memory from not long ago, sometimes a dream of what hasnt come yet
Its 2 am and I wanna talk to you, thinking that maybe, you mightn't have slept
Some habits are hard to kill, some hard to forget
I often wonder what you are thinking, wonder if too far apart we've grown
If at all my thoughts still cross your mind like mine own
But I know I have changed much and I've let life tare us away, far too long
And it wouldnt be strange if from your dreams, I was long gone
I stare at the ceiling, waiting to drift off, as your thoughts in mind, for company I still keep
A muddled world of memories and dreams, that slowly over my consciousness does creep
But I know it'll be hours before I can get a hint of sleep
For a heady mix of your fondness, love n lust, still runs in my veins, a little too deep...

No comments: