Tales of the investment bankers forging the future of a nation earning fat salaries along the way, of driving audaciously fast cars and living in ridiculously expensive houses and that eventual moment of madness that would make me throw it all away to chase a distant dream have now, all but melted away.
It isn’t the unemployment that troubles me…I could live with that, be patient till I find a job. What troubles me is the dwindling fire inside. There doesn’t even seem to be a spark within anymore, leave alone the raging fires that once defined me. I have become cautious…I seem to move ahead in grave apprehension of things I might lose…what do I have to lose? I don’t know…and yet I cannot explain the rising anxiety within…why I am running away from all that I held close…and running to all that seemed frivolous once…I cannot explain why I have no courage to take the bull by the horns…why I am conforming to norms…why do I seek to be mediocre now? Isn’t ‘me’ good enough that I seek to be something else? What would I achieve of it? Mediocrity must be better…why else would it be chosen ahead of me? I had just her once and I didn’t need anything else…now I have so much more and yet, seem to have nothing…
Life’s ironic…what made me once, breaks me now…
No comments:
Post a Comment